CLEVELAND – July 5, 2017 – A Christmas Story House & Museum will be hosting a Christmas in July event Saturday, July 22nd at the iconic location used in the filming of the A Christmas Story movie. Featuring an actor from the film, the builder of the LEGO A Christmas Story House prototype, food vendors, the official announcement of the 2017 A Christmas Story Run medal, and a couple of surprises, this celebration will be fun for the whole family.
The celebration will include:
- A meet & greet with Patty Johnson, one of the elves from A Christmas Story’s Santa scene. Patty signs photos, tells story about the filming, and if you are lucky she may tell you to “quit dragging your feet, kid!” She doesn’t have all day, so she will be in the A Christmas Story Museum from 11am – 2pm.
- We will be having a ribbon cutting with LEGO A Christmas Story House (http://ideas.lego.com/projects/156866) creator Jason Middaugh to celebrate his donation of the prototype design to our permanent museum collection. There it will live with Randy’s snowsuit, Ralphie’s Red Ryder, Scut Farkus’s hat, and hundreds of other A Christmas Story artifacts. The project has now reached over 5,000 supporters, halfway to the 10,000 needed to move it forward.
- Weber’s Premium Custard & Ice Cream will be selling their Famed Frosted Malt, (famous as America’s first “hit” flavor) which is fondly remembered as the original recipe used in the frosted malt at Higbee’s. They will be set up with our friends Buckeye Concessions, known for their roasted nuts, kettle corn, funnel cakes, french fries, and drinks.
- Lighting company TCP will be announcing the first lucky winner of the Lighting Tremont drawing, where they are giving away all new lighting for a resident of Tremont’s home.
- Organizers of A Christmas Story Run will be on hand promoting our annual charity fundraiser while showing off this year’s run medal. We triple-dog-dare you to register today!
- The first 100 visitors to A Christmas Story House’s Gift Shop will receive one of Jack Frost Donuts famous A Christmas Story themed donuts!
# # #
A Christmas Story House & Museum, now restored to the original movie appearance, is located just five minutes from downtown Cleveland at 3159 W. 11th St. in the Tremont neighborhood. It is open year-round, 7 days a week, excluding major holidays. Tours of the house run every hour. Regular admission tickets are $11 for adults, $9 for seniors, $7 for children more information or for directions, visit www.AChristmasStoryHouse.com or call 216-298-4919.
A Christmas Story House is now available year round for fans to spend the night in Ralphie and Randy’s room. For more information and reservations please visit https://www.achristmasstoryhouse.com/stay, email email@example.com or call 216-298-4919 ext. 1017.