*MEDIA ADVISORY/PHOTO OPPORTUNITY*
FOR NOV. 28 & 29
WHAT: “A Christmas Story” 25th Anniversary Celebration & Convention
WHEN: Friday, Nov. 28 @ 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 29 @ 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
MEDIA NOTE: A full schedule of convention activities follows this advisory. It is also posted at www.achristmasstoryhouse.com.
WHERE: Renaissance Cleveland Hotel
24 Public Square
Cleveland, OH 44113
MEDIA NOTE: Additional activities to occur at A Christmas Story House & Museum.
WHY: The beloved holiday classic and family-favorite film “A Christmas Story” turns 25 this holiday season. To mark this special milestone, “A Christmas Story” 25th Anniversary Celebration & Convention takes place Nov. 28-29 (Thanksgiving weekend) in Cleveland.
“A Christmas Story” 25th Anniversary Celebration & Convention brings “A Christmas Story” fans (known as Ralphies) to Cleveland where many exterior scenes of the movie were filmed. Cleveland is also the location of A Christmas Story House, the home featured in the film that was restored to its original movie appearance and opened to visitors Thanksgiving weekend two years ago.
Actors from “A Christmas Story” who played Randy, Flick, Scut Farkus, Grover Dill, Miss Shields, Santa’s two evil elves and Black Bart will reunite for the 25th anniversary celebration.
Members of the media will have the opportunity to:
· Interview cast members, A Christmas Story House & Museum owner Brian Jones and executive director Steve Siedlecki
· Talk to “A Christmas Story” fans who came near and far for the 25th anniversary
· Witness the world premiere of “ClarkWORLD,” a film on the life, works and tragic death of “A Christmas Story” director Bob Clark (proceeds of screening to benefit Mothers Against Drunk Driving)
· Ride in the original fire truck used in the movie from Flick’s famous tongue-on-the-flagpole scene
· See newly acquired costumes from the film and a special preview of Broadway’s upcoming “A Christmas Story – The Musical”
# # #