View the trailer for Road Trip for Ralphie
Two mega-fans of A Christmas Story set out to find all of the film’s shooting locations. During an adventure spanning two years and two countries, they uncover forgotten facts, discover little-known locations and recover long-lost memorabilia.
Go On Location and Behind-the-Scenes to reveal the people and places behind the perennial holiday hit. Visit more than 15 locations in Canada and Cleveland to learn little-known details about the movie and the people who made it. Viewers of this heart-warming fan film will feel like they’re there in person, on their own Road Trip for Ralphie.
Highlights of the DVD include dozens of rare behind-the-scenes photos and trivia not seen anywhere else, all set to a bubbly holiday soundtrack.
Plus, join the filmmakers as they:
- Save Miss Shields’ blackboard from the hands of a demolition crew
- Recreate the famous flagpole scene in the same school yard
- Track down the antique fire truck that saved Flick
- Discover Ralphie’s screen-used Red Ryder air rifle
- Take a ride on the vintage red trolley seen in the movie
- Tour the Toronto movie studio where the interior scenes were shot
- Recover all of the film’s costumes from a Toronto warehouse
- Visit the bridge where Ralphie uttered the F-dash-dash-dash word
- Buy a Christmas tree in the same spot as the Parker family
- Walk down the street where Ralphie beat up Scutt Farkus
- Take a peek through Higbees’ window
- Be first in line at the Grand Opening of A Christmas Story House in Cleveland
- Head back-stage of A Christmas Story: The Play
- Go for dinner at the former Chop Suey Palace in Toronto