A CHRISTMAS STORY 30TH ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION AND CONVENTION COMES TO CLEVELAND OVER THANKSGIVING WEEKEND
November 7th, 2013 by Ralphie
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
A Christmas Story House & Museum will be celebrating 30 years of A Christmas Story with a Convention in downtown Cleveland!
CLEVELAND – On November 18, 1983, Bob Clark’s delightfully funny holiday movie, A Christmas Story, hit select theaters across the United States. 30 years later, it has become a beloved holiday classic that has spanned around the globe to entertain audiences everywhere. After much anticipation, A Christmas Story House & Museum is excited to bring the 30th Anniversary Celebration and Convention here to Cleveland, Ohio!
A Christmas Story House & Museum, is partnering with Downtown Cleveland Alliance, Forest City Enterprises, and The Renaissance Cleveland Hotel in hopes of making Cleveland, Ohio the destination for “All things A Christmas Story”. Fans of this classic film will be quick to add Cleveland to their holiday travel plans with all that is in store!
Some of the exciting events planned during the convention include:
• GRAND OPENING of the brand new 3,500 sq. ft. A Christmas Story House & Museum Gift Shop – November 29th Come out and see the remarkable renovation by Klaus Home Improvement! Following the ribbon cutting ceremony, visitors are invited to stay and shop! The first 30 guests through the Gift Shop doors will receive a door prize! There will also be storewide Black Friday specials between the hours of 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., including 30% off the 45 inch Leg Lamp and the 50 inch Leg Lamp.
• PRESENTATION of brand new landscaping at A Christmas Story House & Museum – November 29th The public is invited to attend the presentation of the stunning new hardscape and landscape at the Christmas Story House & Museum designed and installed by Schill Landscaping.
• Cast Appearances – November 29th & 30th Meet actors from A Christmas Story and get their autographs. Meet Randy, Flick, Scut Farkus, Grover Dill, and the two Evil Elves.
• Author Book Signing – November 29th & 30th Meet Tyler Schwartz, author of A Christmas Story Treasury.
• Mrs. Parker’s Little Piggy Luncheon – Saturday, November 30th An exclusive opportunity to enjoy a traditional meatloaf, mashed potato and red cabbage meal, just like Mrs. Parker made, while dining with the cast members from A Christmas Story movie. Entertainment provided by Near West Theatre and Cleveland Play House. Tickets are limited!!
• Cleveland’s Winterfest 2013 – Downtown Cleveland, November 30th Cleveland is invited to “create nostalgia” for now at this all day street festival and celebration that kicks off the holiday season in Cleveland. Featuring a spectacular, epic lighting display that will be the talk of the town!
• A Christmas Story, the Musical – November 15th – December 8th Near West Theatre presents a multi-cultural, intergenerational cast in A Christmas Story, the Musical. Cleveland’s first-ever production of this new musical based on the classic 1983 movie. Call 216-961-6391 for tickets or buy online at www.nearwesttheatre.org.
• A Christmas Story, the Play – November 29th through December 22nd One of the most popular shows in Cleveland Play House history is back in a sparkling new production! The perfect holiday treat for the entire family. Cleveland Play House is also thrilled to announce the return of the Festival of Trees!
• A Christmas Story Convention Hotel Special Room Rate – Renaissance Hotel, Cleveland The historical Renaissance Hotel, also seen in the movie, will be offering a discounted rate for your stay during the 30th Anniversary A Christmas Story Convention. This beautiful 4-star hotel is situated right on Public Square, and located only 5 minutes from the A Christmas Story House & Museum, so fans can be close to all of the festivities.
• A Christmas Story House & Museum open from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM on Friday & 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM on Saturday Tour the House, re-live your favorite scenes, visit the museum and stop by the newly renovated gift shop. Also, take your best shot (without shooting your eye out, of course) at the BB gun range in the House’s back yard!
Everybody is invited to come down and share in the celebrations as there will be entertainment for the entire family! Take a tour of the A Christmas Story House & Museum and visit with Santa and himself! You might even see a “Deranged Easter Bunny” along the way!
ABOUT THE HOUSE & MOVIE:
This year marks the 30th Anniversary of A Christmas Story starred the late Darren McGavin as The Old Man and Peter Billingsley as Ralphie. The film became a holiday favorite years after its theatrical release and is celebrated annually on TBS with a 24 hour marathon.
A Christmas Story House & Museum is located just five minutes from downtown Cleveland at 3159 W. 11th St. in Cleveland’s Tremont neighborhood. It is open year-round on Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. Tours of the house run every 30 minutes. Regular admission tickets are $10.00 for adults, $8.00 for seniors, $6.00 for children (ages 7 to 12) and free for children ages 6 and under. For more information or for directions, visit www.AChristmasStoryHouse.com or call 216-298-4919. You can also purchase leg lamps and other items online through our online gift shop.
# # #
This entry was posted on Thursday, November 7th, 2013 at 12:12 PM and is filed under Press Releases. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.