November 17th, 2008 by Ralphie
eBay Giving Works A Christmas Story Experience Charity Auction
A Christmas Story House & Museum Wounded Warrior Project
Bid on a chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to spend Christmas reliving your favorite moments from the cult classic “A Christmas Story” at the original A Christmas Story House & Museum in Cleveland. eBay Giving Works, eBay’s program for charity listings, and A Christmas Story House & Museum are helping one lucky winner and three friends experience “A Christmas Story” like never before. All your favorite moments are up for grabs on this, the movie’s 25th anniversary. From leg lamps to BB guns to bunny suits and a Chinese Christmas dinner, celebrate “A Christmas Story” at Ralphie’s house for a holiday to remember while giving to a great cause.
The eBay Giving Works A Christmas Story experience charity auction benefits the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP). The charity was selected by Brian Jones, owner of A Christmas Story House & Museum and former Navy intelligence officer. The mission of WWP is to honor and empower wounded warriors. Its goal is to ensure this generation of veterans is the most successful and well-adjusted in our nation’s history. WWP offers services like adaptive sports opportunities, benefits and career counseling and TRACK – the country’s first and only program for veterans that addresses their unique needs and takes an integrated approach to rehabilitating the mind, body and spirit.
· $1800 in airfare for four (4) from anywhere in the lower 48 states
· Two (2) Day, two (2) Night suite stay for four (4) provided by the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel
· Christmas Eve dinner for four (4) provided by Pearl of the Orient Chinese restaurant
· Christmas Day dinner for four (4) provided by Sans Souci, an award-winning, fine-dining restaurant in the Renaissance Hotel
· Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning accommodations for four (4) at A Christmas Story House & Museum
· $200 stipend for food & beverages during stay
WHEN: Charity auction begins: Thursday, Nov. 17
Charity auction ends: Saturday, Nov. 26
WHERE: Place your bids at http://www.ebay.com/AChristmasStory
# # #
This entry was posted on Monday, November 17th, 2008 at 11:59 am and is filed under Press Releases. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.