CLEVELAND – June 21, 2018 – A Christmas Story House & Museum will be hosting a Christmas in July event Saturday, July 21st at the iconic location used in the filming of the A Christmas Story movie. Featuring an actor from the film, food vendors, and a couple of surprises, this celebration will be fun for the whole family.
The celebration will include:
- A meet & greet with Patty Johnson, one of the elves from A Christmas Story’s Santa scene. Patty signs photos, tells story about the filming, and if you are lucky she may tell you to “quit dragging your feet, kid!” She doesn’t have all day, so she will be in the A Christmas Story House Gift Shop from 3pm – 5pm.
- Not only do we have an elf, but the big man himself will be here! That’s right, Santa is coming down from the North Pole to spend some time at Ralphie’s house!
- Jack Frost Donuts will be selling their famous A Christmas Story House themed donuts! Each donut is lovingly and artistically handcrafted to represent a favorite character, prop, or them from our favorite movie!
- Organizers of A Christmas Story Run will be on hand promoting our annual charity fundraiser. Register today! www.AChristmasStoryRun.com
- We will have a Red Ryder range set up in the backyard. Do you think you’re a dead-eye? Prove it with one of our carbine action 200-shot range model air rifles!
- There will be fun for the kids at our activities table, and even a face painter!
- Look for a Ralphie from Cleveland Play House passing out flyers and taking photos with fans from 4pm – 5pm.
- Speaking of this year’s A Christmas Story Run, the 2018 theme is BUMPUSES! In honor of the theme we have teamed up with the Cleveland Animal Protective League & City Dogs to find homes for some of these 785 smelly hounds! Meet representatives from both organizations, and who knows? You may be taking home your own furry friend!
Like our Facebook page for up-to-date information on the Christmas In July event!
For more information on this event please contact:
(216) 255-6651 ext. 1018
A Christmas Story House & Museum, now restored to the original movie appearance, is located just five minutes from downtown Cleveland at 3159 W. 11th St. in the Tremont neighborhood. It is open year-round, 7 days a week, excluding major holidays. Tours of the house run every hour. Regular admission tickets are $11 for adults, $9 for seniors, $7 for children more information or for directions, visit www.AChristmasStoryHouse.com or call 216-298-4919.
A Christmas Story House is now available year round for fans to spend the night in Ralphie and Randy’s room. For more information and reservations please visit http://www.achristmasstoryhouse.com/stay, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-298-4919 ext. 1017.